The Leader in Me
VPE is very proud to be a "The Leader in Me" school. The 7 Habits are central to our philosophy of creating a safe and caring environment as well as instilling the Habits within our students and staff to allow them to be the very best them they can be.
HABIT 1 - BE PROACTIVE: You're in Charge
- I'm a responsible person.
- I take initiative.
- I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods.
- I don't blame others for my faults.
- I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is around.
HABIT 2 - BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND: Have a Plan
- I plan ahead and set goals.
- I do things that have meaning.
- I'm an important part of my classroom and school.
HABIT 3 - PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST: Work First, Then Play
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- I say no to things that I know I should not do.
- I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan.
- I am self-disciplined and organized.
HABIT 4 - THINK WIN-WIN: Everyone Can Win
- I want everyone to be a success.
- I don't have to put others down to get what I want.
- When a conflict happens, I look for a third solution.
- I believe we can all win!
HABIT 5 - SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD: Listen Before You Talk
- I listen to other people's ideas and feelings
- I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- I listen to others without interrupting.
- I share my opinions and ideas.
HABIT 6: SYNERGIZE: Together Is Better
- I know that everyone is good at something.
- Everyone needs to get better at something.
- We can all learn something from each other.
- Working in groups helps to create better ideas than what one person can do alone.
HABIT 7: SHARPEN THE SAW: Balance Feels Best
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep.
- I learn in many ways and many places, not just at school.
- I take time to help others.